Job Description: Apprentice Plumber
Truax Plumbing Service a Division of 3C Mechanical Technologies, Inc. is looking for a dedicated apprentice plumber to assist our licensed Plumber while improving their own skills. The responsibilities of an Apprentice Plumber include assembling pipes, cleaning the water supply, handling tools, and cleaning job sites. The Apprentice Plumber can expect to assist in complex jobs and handle smaller jobs on their own.
Successful apprentice plumbers will be well-organized and detail-oriented. You should have good customer service skills, be able and willing to follow instructions, and be prepared to travel to clients’ homes to complete your work.
- Full-Time Position
- 40 hours per week
- Overtime as required.
Pay: DOE + Benefits
- Locating and identifying leaks.
- Repairing or replacing pipes and parts.
- Determining the right tools and equipment necessary to successfully complete a job.
- Helping the Plumber to ensure that all work is in accordance with federal, state, and local plumbing codes.
- Cleaning the job site after the work is completed.
- Answering client queries.
- Following the Plumber’s orders and instructions
- Willingness to learn on the job, go through training and earn a qualification as a Plumber.
- Adept at using the basic tools of the trade.
- Good math skills for accurate measurements.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Follows company dress code.
- Follows company procedures.
- Ability to work in cold and hot working conditions.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly direct deposit
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Vocational training may be advantageous.
- Must pass drug and background screens.
- Ability to lift to 75 lbs.
- Able to work well with others “Team Player.”
- Able to be on time to work every day.